Monday 15 October 2007

Trifid Nebula by Chris Dixon




Needed to practice my processing with DSO's but haven't had much luck with my own images(if you can call them that!) so Chris very was kind and let me use his images. This one of the Trifid Nebula is one of my favs, just one word to descibe his image.....Beautiful. Chris has done an excellent job, better than any of mine. The first image is my attempt, the other is Chris's original.Using Gimp I played about with unsharp mask and then sharpened it up a tad, added a little more hue and saturation and finally adjusted the curves to darken some of the background and the blueish tint towards the bottom. To be completely honest i had no idea what i was doing and just played about with different functions to see what the result would be. I don't think it's that bad but do prefer Chris's to mine.

No comments: